At Zacks Investment Research, we value you as a customer. Since our inception in 1978, we have sought to have long-term relationships with our customers. Thus, we do not wish to profit from the unwanted distribution of your private information or to inundate you with unwanted e-mails or other material. The information you may choose to provide includes any or all of the following: email address, name, postal address, and phone number.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
When you visit our Web Site, you may provide us with two types of information: (1) personally identifiable information that you knowingly choose to disclose, which is collected on an individual basis, and (2) general user information that does not contain personally identifiable information, which is collected on an aggregate basis as you browse the Web Site. In some cases, if you choose not to provide us with requested information, you may not be able to access all of our Web Site’s content or services.
We use your personally identifiable information to provide you with the information or content that you have requested, and, in some cases, to contact you about our programs, products, features or services. If you no longer wish to receive this information from us, you may send us an email at email@example.com. We use non-identifying information collected on our Web Site in the aggregate to better understand your use of the Web Site and to enhance your enjoyment and experience.
We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Our employees, agents and contractors who have access to personally identifiable information are required to protect the information in a manner that is consistent with this Privacy Statement.
We may provide access to your personally identifiable information when legally required to do so, to cooperate with police investigations or other legal proceedings, to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Web Site, to limit our legal liability and protect our rights, or to protect the rights and safety of visitors to this Web Site or the public. In those instances, the information is provided only for that limited purpose.
We will not share your personally identifiable information in ways unrelated to those described above without providing you with an opportunity to opt out of such use or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
If you visit our Web Site and volunteer personally identifiable information, you may modify, update or delete such information at any time by visiting the E-mail Alert area where you will have the opportunity to access and revise certain of your personally identifiable information, and to update your preferences regarding what information you want to receive from us, or by clicking on the “Contact Us” link and sending us an e-mail. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases. In addition, please be aware that your ability to opt out from receiving marketing and promotional materials does not change our right to contact you regarding your use of our Web Site.
We are committed to protecting your Personal Information. All information that you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Access to paid areas of Zacks.com is password-protected for your privacy and security. While we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information. If you need to change your password, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The transmission of information via the internet is not 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Our site may contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
CONSENT TO TRANSFER
This Web Site is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using our Web Site, participating in any of our services and/or providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained and consistent with applicable law. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include: (i) the length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Service to you; (ii) whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject; or (iii) whether retention is legally advisable (for example, in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
FURTHER RIGHTS FOR PERSONS OR INFORMATION COVERED BY GDPR
If you are a covered individual under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) you have legal rights in relation to the Personal Information that we hold about you. These rights include:
- Obtaining information regarding the processing of your Personal Information and access to the Personal Information that we hold about you. Please note that there may be circumstances where we are entitled to refuse requests for access to copies of Personal Information;
- Requesting that we correct your Personal Information if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Requesting that we erase your Personal Information in certain circumstances. Please note that there may be circumstances where you ask us to erase your Personal Information, but we are legally entitled to retain it;
- Objecting to, and requesting that we restrict, our processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances. Again, there may be circumstances where you object to, or ask us to restrict, our processing of your Personal Information but we are legally entitled to refuse that request;
- Withdrawing your consent, although in certain circumstances it may be lawful for us to continue processing without your consent if we have another legitimate reason (other than consent) for doing so.
We may request that you prove your identity by providing us with a copy of a valid means of identification to comply with our security obligations and to prevent unauthorized disclosure of data. We reserve the right to charge you a reasonable administrative fee for any manifestly unfounded or excessive requests concerning your access to your data and for any additional copies of the Personal Information you request from us.
Individuals covered by the GDPR should contact us at email@example.com for further information.
TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE EEA (IF GDPR APPLIES)
The data that we collect from you is transferred to, and will be stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") that is not subject to equivalent Data Protection Law. For our purposes, the information we collect is processed and stored in the US.
We may transfer your personal information outside the EEA:
- In order to store it.
- In order to enable us to provide the Service.
- Where we are legally required to do so.
- In order to facilitate the operation of our group of businesses, where it is in our legitimate interests and we have concluded these are not overridden by your rights.
You may contact us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like further information.
Your Consumer Rights Under the CCPA
California consumers have the right to request information regarding their personal information and certain additional details regarding our information practices. California consumers have the right to request deletion of their personal information (subject to certain exceptions). California consumers also have the right to opt out of sales of personal information, if applicable. We describe how California consumers can exercise their rights under the CCPA below. Please note that you may designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf by providing a notarized power of attorney evidencing that you have empowered the authorized agent to exercise your CCPA rights on your behalf. We will not discriminate against you if you choose to exercise your rights under the CCPA.
- Sharing of information: Residents of California are entitled to request certain information with respect to the types of personal information we share with third parties for direct marketing purposes or to opt out of such sharing. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this information, or to opt out, please email us at email@example.com
- Right to Know: You may request access to the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months. You may also request additional details about our information practices, including the categories of personal information we have collected, the sources of collection, the purpose for collecting information, the categories of information we share, and the categories of third parties with whom we share information. You may make a request for such information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you after receiving your request to verify your identity.
- Deletion: You may request that we delete the personal information we have collected about you (subject to certain exceptions). Please note that we may retain certain information as required or permitted by applicable law. You may make this request by emailing email@example.com. We will contact you after receiving your request to verify your identity. If you request to delete your personal information, some of our products and services may no longer be available to you.
- "Do Not Sell:" Pursuant to the CCPA, California consumers have the right to opt out of the "sale" of their personal information (as defined in CCPA). California consumers who wish to opt out of the "sale" of their personal information can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will contact you after receiving your request to verify your identity.
Additionally, if you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to disclose the following information with respect to our collection, use, and sharing of personal information:
||Shared with Zacks subsidiaries
First and Last name,
unique personal or online identifier (login ID)
internet protocol (IP) address,
First and Last name,
unique personal or online identifier (login ID)
|Personal information categories described in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))
credit card number,
debit card number,
|Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law
|Commercial information, including records of:
products or services purchased, obtained, or considered
other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
Customer's saved Portfolio(s): Stocks, Mutual Funds, ETFs
Customer's: Stocks, Mutual Funds, ETFs saved screen(s)
products or services purchased,
|Internet or other electronic network activity information, including:
information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
|Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
|Professional or employment-related information
|Education information, defined as nonpublic personally identifiable information under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 U.S.C. § 1232g and 34 C.F.R. Part 99).
|Inferences drawn from any of these personal information categories to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s:
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION RULE
Zacks Advisor Tools is intended for use only by persons who are at least 13 years of age. By using this site, you confirm to us that you meet this requirement. If you are aged 13 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to our website. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
If you are under the age of 13 your parent or guardian must consent on your behalf where we ask for consent in relation to the use of your information. If a child has provided us with private information without parental or guardian consent, the parent or guardian should e-mail us at email@example.com to remove the information and unsubscribe the child from any promotional contact opportunities.
Terms of Service
BINDING EFFECT/MODIFICATION OF POLICY AND TERMS
ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER
Any and all claims arising from or relating to the use of the Website and/or any good or service offered or provided by us to you shall be subject to binding arbitration under the Federal Arbitration Act ("FAA"). This includes claims based on contract, tort, equity, statute, or otherwise, as well as claims regarding the scope and enforceability of this provision. It includes all claims by or against you, us, and/or any affiliated person, company, and/or agent.
A single Arbitrator shall decide all claims and shall render a final, written decision. You may choose the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"), Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service ("JAMS"), or other similar arbitration service provider acceptable to us to administer the arbitration. Consistent with the FAA, the appropriate AAA rules, JAMS rules, or other service provider rules shall apply, as determined by the Arbitrator. For AAA and JAMS, these rules are found at www.adr.org and www.jamsadr.com.
Each party to the arbitration shall pay his, her, or its own costs of arbitration. If you cannot afford your arbitration costs, you may apply for a waiver under the relevant rules.
You and we waive any right to bring representative claims on behalf of a class of individuals, on behalf of the public, as a private attorney general, or otherwise (the "Class Action Waiver"). Except for this Class Action Waiver, this clause may be severed or modified if necessary to render it enforceable under the FAA. The agreements and waivers contained in this section shall apply retroactively to any and all claims and causes of action that arise or arose at any time.